Monday, September 30, 2013

TRUST

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
I have a childhood friend, we grew up together in the streets of New Jersey.  We have a relationship that goes back 40 years.  Over the years, I have called him in times of need and in times of heartache.  Vince has always had my back.  There have been times when my foolishness has gotten me in trouble.  Vince has been there for me.  In fact, if I am broke and Vince has a dollar, he would get change for his dollar and give me .50.  Vince has earned my trust over these years.   

Trust doesn't come naturally to any of us, trust must be earned over time.  In the same way, we learn to trust the people in our lives, we must also learn to trust our God.  As with my buddy Vince, we must remember what God has done for us.  For some of us, this is an easy process, we grew up in loving homes where trust was the order of the day.  However, for others growing up in abusive homes, trust is something methodically earned, not readily given. Those of us experiencing such trust issues need to deal with these issues before God.  It is not easy to trust a God we cannot see when the people we see and claim to love us, breed mistrust in us. 
 
So, we rush the throne room of our loving Father, in the hopes that he will have mercy and heal the wounds of mistrust in us and in those around us.  For we know that our mistrust is a ploy of the devil to get us to lean on our understanding. Leaning on our own understanding is against God's will.

So, pray with me that God will have mercy on us, and teach us to trust him with our all.


No comments:

Post a Comment